You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to War 2 Glory Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lordnorekram" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 9th 2017

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 4:30am

rep dropping?

allowed or not?

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Njordr

Private

• "Njordr" is female

Date of registration: Jan 5th 2017

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 5:18am

No it's an exploit, and as such, is will be penalized. I think they sent out a mail about this. Caught once, 3 day ban, and caught twice doing this, account deletion, I think they said?

• Activate Facebook

Sporrow

Captain

Date of registration: Aug 16th 2016

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 11:36am

Thats correct.
I dont know why they have imposed such thing.
Cant see it in the rules as well

• Activate Facebook

kik

Sergeant

Date of registration: Dec 17th 2015

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 5:20pm

Its a cheat alright

Its in the rules plain to the naked eye.
It also should not be possible to do it as it goes against the operating system of the game.
You cant have lvl 12-15 and 34 res spots with a lvl 1 town hall thats the huge rule breach.
2nd it costs u pennies to buy the city back thats a big rule breach
3rd It causes the game to error same as making glitched fields does causes conflictions in the system.

A wise man knows when he has one apple he needs more. When he has a bunch he needs less.
  • Activate Facebook

brainydude

Corporal

Date of registration: Dec 20th 2015

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 8:05pm

well it`s against the essence of the game.if it was illegal then there would be a code change stopping it by now.
You capture a city but the previous owner had taken the city hall down to lvl 9(hence it`s level would drop during the capture process(if other building levels were all full level).
So you receive the city after 48 hours cooldown to find the city hall at a low level.If it`s a builder i`ll be damned if i`m gonna rush to upgrade city hall when it`s not necessary to affect the running of the city.Just like you wouldn`t rush to upgrade a comms centre,etc...

If it`s a breach get the devs to fix it.If i happen to be in that position and you ban me....get ready for the court case.

Stop threatening people,fix the issues and let us play the game!!

• Activate Facebook

Sporrow

Captain

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 8:15pm

If its due to making glitch in the game, then they should fix it.
Or make it impossible to down grade city hall

What is possible to do in the game, is consider as legal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
So then they should block the option to downgrade

They have a developer who can fix this

But we know, many bugs have not been fixed ;(

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Major

• "Vilya" is female
  • "Vilya" has been banned

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2016

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 8:17pm

As per the rules you agreed to adhere to when choosing to log into our services:

Quoted

Art.2.8. Exploiting defects in a game is prohibited and will be penalised as will the use of scripts, bots or similar items.

Regardless of whether or not game mechanics allow something does not make it right to abuse it if you come across such exploits. That is like saying it's okay to murder someone if you never saw it in a law book.

It is solely your responsibility as a user to adhere to the Terms Contract and posted rules of the game you are playing, and if caught doing otherwise to accept the consequences of your actions. The consequences will be there whether you read the rules or not.

Vilya
Retired Community Manager EN
  • Activate Facebook

Sporrow

Captain

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 8:48pm

The problem is that its never told why it have been illegal to downgrade
I never had problem with it when it was legal.
But i upgrade when they send out email that it was illegal to do so(i think its 2 or 3 years ago)

For the town hall, there have never been explained why it was illegal to down grade.
And it should be blocked for downgrade if it cause any problem for the game.

Maybe the company have giving up to fix all the probelms :S

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vilya" (Mar 9th 2017, 9:31pm) with the following reason: Snipped to remove some content at user request.

• Activate Facebook

brainydude

Corporal

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 8:55pm

Someone buys a city back but city hall lvl has dropped...they go into vacation....quit while in vacation ....you take city

not your responsibility to upgrade anything.

don`t get me started on the rules here or i`ll remind everyone of the EU directive governing the illegality of stopping someone using their native language.
You run it from europe then abide by that directive and allow people to talk their own language in chat.

Not directed at you Vilya(welcome by the way),but we`ve had years of people spouting this and that,saying this and that.

And that rule wasn`t in place when i started either.

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Major

• "Vilya" is female

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:07pm

When extenuating circumstances occur and can be proven, consequences can be and often are deferred while the user is watched carefully for further use of the same actions.

Now, it all depends on what can be seen and is always 100% the choice of the company publishing the game to choose what action, if any, shall be taken and at what cost.

While a rule might not have been in place when you began the game, as soon as it changes hands the company which now owns the rights to publish it makes the rules. This renders the old rules obsolete and the new company's rules are the one which a player needs to adhere to.

Especially with gaming, this change of hands includes the new governing rules which take effect as soon as you choose to log into any services for said game (forum, game, facebook game page, etc.). There is a section in the Terms for those who choose to opt out of the gamigo rules, which includes forfeiture of the account.

P.S. Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it.
P.P.S. Most laws on the law books do not apply to online gaming or internet websites in general due to the internet being worldwide and hard to govern by one countries laws.

Vilya
  • Activate Facebook

brainydude

Corporal

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:16pm

That`s a new response. The answer before was complete silence.

All i`m saying is,that if a player takes over a city,it is not that player`s responsibility to upgrade anything to comply with any rule.
A simple screenshot of a city takeover will prove it.
As you will find here Vilya certain people will quickly surmise a solution of downgrading a lvl,then allowing a fellow player to take it,thus getting the low level.
Simple answer is to get the devs to change code so that all levels can drop,that way there will be no benefit to anyone.

• Activate Facebook

Sporrow

Captain

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:20pm

What all want, Its a game which work smooth
But....we can never guarantee no bugs

One reason i know, it can be a queue for the SQL to execute command
(limitation for the database)

Other can be error in coding, or user input

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Major

• "Vilya" is female

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:26pm

Answers are never simple when it comes to game coding.

We do understand the issues centered around certain aspects of the game, and believe me we want them fixed the same as you all do. But there are things which sometimes take precedence over others which could potentially be far more harmful than the ones which are simply an annoyance.

While we would like to believe that all players are playing fairly and everyone is honest, we know better. One bad apple ruins the bunch which is how things like this rule come to be.

As I said, however, extenuating circumstances are always a factor in the decisions made by management. I am strict when it comes to the rules, but I am fair and will always hear someone out when they are explaining situations to me. My "BS" meter is touchy and can sense it 3 miles away however as I have been doing this job for a long time now. ;)

Vilya
  • Activate Facebook

kik

Sergeant

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:37pm

If u take a city that is bellow lvl ten townhall with lvl 12 and above buildings of any kind in it, then by agreeing to the terms u agreed to when starting u are responsible to upgrade it to its normal level.
Its not that simple to fix by devs either. all players were warned about upto a year ago cant rememer when. there is a forum post on it as well.

A wise man knows when he has one apple he needs more. When he has a bunch he needs less.
  • Activate Facebook

brainydude

Corporal

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:39pm

I`ll agree to disagree as always kik :)

• Activate Facebook

• "lordnorekram" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 9th 2017

Monday, March 20th 2017, 8:54am

are these exploits too?

city with warehouse but w/o steel plants - war cities
city with heavy plants but w/o light plants
city with light plants but w/o rare plant
city with airport but w/o oil plant
city with staff HQ but w/o mil inst
city with armsplant but w/o ghq - whos doing this? :D

• Activate Facebook

• "Mictlantecuhtli" is male

Date of registration: Dec 16th 2015

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:05am

Thats different, its not effecting the amount your going to pay to buy back your city. 400 diamonds (or less) compared to 2k is a big difference and loss of money for the game.

• Activate Facebook

Ughit

Captain

Date of registration: Dec 16th 2015

Location: In a house usually, a tent when fishing/drinking on beach

Monday, March 20th 2017, 7:14pm

are these exploits too?

city with warehouse but w/o steel plants - war cities
city with heavy plants but w/o light plants
city with light plants but w/o rare plant
city with airport but w/o oil plant
city with staff HQ but w/o mil inst
city with armsplant but w/o ghq - whos doing this? :D

these types of city manipulations are called "tactics" and are legal
those and many others
8)
  • Activate Facebook

kik

Sergeant

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 12:42am

I thought i'd worded this properly obv i have not.

There is no code change possible to correct the lowering of a town hall not one.
There is a rule that states its not allowed, there is a forum post saying its not allowed, there was system mails giving all players 7 days to fix it or be punished. first offence 7 day ban. 2nd offence deletion of account by admin.

The fact it can happen was down to when the game was able to be superseded by BOT's. It was a hack it corrupted the game data that cannot be repaired. the patch that was written to stop the use of BOT's was written as master code priority lvl 1 it cannot be superseded.

The only way to stop it is to report any you find or take and repair yourself.
Under the rules and T&C you agreed to do this when you started to play.

Personally i find one i report it wait three days then go take all out of it i can while the cheater is banned.
  • Activate Facebook

Caesar

Private

Date of registration: Jun 24th 2016

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 10:38am

Why some guys find this being such a big issue? If your intensions are to get gold or diamonds by capping active members cities and collecting ransoms from redeemed cities, maybe you are doing something wrong in this game.. There are better ways to find gold, just saying.. My personal opinion about all this is, that this might even be the key to not have so many people to quit if they lose their best warcity. He probably have used a ton of plan of buildings to upgrade it. Seen this happen too many times thru all these years i've been playing this game. Obviously, i am also not such a big fan of getting people to quit. I don't mind at all, if there is someone semi-active, who dont have time to sit by the computer 16 or 20 hours per day, let him lower his city halls and just farm him. Why take that city from him? He also might be doing some long timed research in that city ( as most DON'T use money to fasten things), to get upgraded, so he can be competitive one day, when he probably has more time to play --> equals: more active servers :) I personally have build all my cities from the scratch myself, unless a fellow member of my team has decided to quit and hand over his cities to others. Only reason to take a city from an enemy, is to get his officers disappear and probably lose those troops, which were behind gates. And when it comes to making a rule about this issue, where do you draw the line, what is acceptable level of any building you have in your city? Someone said in some example earlier, that some building upgrades vs downgrades are consider as a tactic. Well, i find lowering city halls is also only a tactic to stay in the game. Which is not a bad thing. I think this is only an issue for those guys who are lazy to build their own staff and that way trying to save some diamonds, which then again means, that they aint buying more diamonds.( If you still wanna bring the companys benefit-perspective on this ;) )

• Activate Facebook