You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to War 2 Glory Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 10th 2016, 4:32pm

Interview with Scimitar Part 2

Here comes part 2 of the interview with Scimitar.

Question: What do you enjoy most about your job?
It’s pure action and you get a lot of insight into a lot of other topics and also cultures. Also we have some really nice colleagues working at gamigo. As a team, when we do something, we see very fast results. It’s really hard to say what is the best part, but there must be something that kept me doing it for almost 7 years now and still not being sick of it.

Question: Favorite / Most Memorable job-related moment?
There are quite some moments that I cannot talk about, but one thing I remember was that one flight to Korea or should I say back from Korea? At least flying back was the intention but then we’ve been sitting in that plane we were waiting for the take off for hours until finally the crew made us get off the plane again due to a damaged engine. We had to get back through all the terminal and were brought to some hotel until the next day. The company operating that aircraft had to get a replacement airbus first, before we could finally fly back the other day.

Question: What takes the most toll on you in your job?
This interview ;) Not because I don’t like doing it and also not for long. I realized, that instead of being upset, I should be proud of the CM. Masterpiece of resource management and a really clever solution for a task she had to do. Actually it was her turn to write a post for the acta diurnal. No specific topic given. Just something that would be interesting for our players. And here we go. She was done after asking those few questions and I keep on writing the post… But hey, I cannot complain. Mission accomplished… Nice one, Vilya! In da face! Thank you so much ;)
Okay… now… the real answer are those moments, when you are realize that someone is actively and intentionally is creating a big mess with a huge amount of criminal energy, like during a DDoS attack or while abusing an exploit. I think I will never understand what drives those people. There are also some other head on table situations, but I assume, that’s life and for what I know, it happens anytime and everywhere and not only in my job.

Question: If you could change one part of your job, what would it be?
I am. Or the team does… almost every day. We find solutions, learn and improve and always have an eye on what we could still do better, more efficient, faster, more reliable… I cannot complain for most of the time. For now, I would wish for time travel, because it is 10:30 PM and I’m still not done with answering those questions.

Question: What is your personal credo (motto)?
I like to use a quotation to answer this question from a very popular jedi master: Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. But keeping in mind, that there is a difference between trying and testing. Tests are good. If you don’t know which option is better, test it if you can, but however you do something in the end. Sometimes doing the wrong thing on the long run will be better than doing nothing at all.

Question: What advice would you give to someone who would like to pursue this career path?
Buy a huge mug that can take a lot of coffee. You will need it ;) Familiarize yourself with the product. If you are no gamer, forget it. And buy a big bunch of flowers for your partner, because in this business, the community and the game may – no it WILL - require your attention at strange times (specially when your CM has the idea to do an interview with you). Always remember, that it is a game that you are running, thus you should never try to sell an item – you need to sell fun.

I hope this information helps those of you who wish to dive head first into a career in the gaming industry. Stay tuned to for more interviews with other staff.

Thank you for reading,

... written in English by Vilya (Community Manager of Last Chaos )
... English translation by Vilya (Community Manager of Last Chaos )
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook