You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to War 2 Glory Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Heinz (retired)" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 19th 2017

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 5:21pm

Stop trying to milk players dry with sales and fix the game

Seems to me we get a new sale every 2 or 3 days ever since Dowding server came along. Personally this creates the impression that all the owners care about is income not customer satisfaction.

We have had 3 weeks of being unable to play the game properly yet the shop works. after 3 weeks of EVERYONE suffering those who couldn't log in got over 1k dimes for free whilst those who couldn't play got a handful of manuals what a joke. Fair enough they lost things etc but that was or will be replaced anyway.

Now we face another issue about 16 hours of crashed site with no way of logging in and now they state that they can't turn hazards off so realistically Everyone will have starved war cities and / or lost diamonds with a couple of hours food at most left. Bet there is another sale starts in the next 48 hours any takers ?

Seriously most players are now looking at a lot of starved troops and support isn't renowned for speedy responses on this issue , some would say any issue , so we are facing either weeks of truce again whilst they return everyone's troops and whatever else has gone or we need a rollback if that is even a viable solution anymore.

Vilya you do a great job but that is where my respect for your company ends they need to lay off money making from us players and get the game working properly again . Advertising for more players may help a little too.
Whilst I may not speak for all your players I know I speak for many of them when I say even after ten or so years playing we are close to walking away from here.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Major

• "Vilya" is female
  • "Vilya" has been banned

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2016

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 5:29pm

While I understand your frustration about the situations which seem to be plaguing us, you should also keep in mind this is a business and as such needs to make money in order to be able to fix things and make them run properly.

I understand you all believe that things were better at the previous publisher, but often times there were only "band-aids" placed on issues instead of them being properly handled or fixed. We are seeing the results of all the which was never fixed right coming to light now as a product of those occurrences.

I am not saying those are the totality of what the issues currently are, as that would be an untruth and I am not fond of untruths. There are multiple facets as to why we are having the issues we are having. Today's issue was completely out of our hands and affected much more than just War2 servers.

But for the sales thing, we need revenue to be able to pay to keep things running and such. It is the nature of the beast and is unavoidable. Servers cannot be run 100% free after all. There will always be costs associated to it.

I do hope you all can understand and will stick around, I am hoping for a brighter future and would like you all there with me when it happens.

Vilya
Retired Community Manager EN
  • Activate Facebook

DrWho

Private

• "DrWho" is male

Date of registration: May 1st 2017

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 5:47pm

lol you said this >>>>> But for the sales thing, we need revenue to be able to pay to keep things running and such. It is the nature of the beast and is unavoidable. Servers cannot be run 100% free after all. There will always be costs associated to it.

If you/they really needed the revenue as you say they do then wake up and look at the diein game. Yes it is a fact that the last down time was not the first time this has happen it has happen many times along the way. So are the staff now the same staff as lets say 1 year ago? Really how new is the staff you have now?

Again the staff can find new ways to make 100% more revenue then what they get now from this game..... You know how? It is called advertising and most of all add new servers and combining the old servers as 1 server. But I know that the staff is like squeezing water out of a rock on this diein game called War2Glory thats why you have so many sales every week. Answer this after all the times the game went down what if we stop spending money on the game what will happen? You go under and if you go under then we dont have this game called War2Glory what then? This is my main reason I will never pay to play now. In all I have spent 500 dollars from the time this game was new to now.

• Activate Facebook

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 5:48pm

I appreciate the game needs revenue Vilya all sensible players do , but to me and many others it seems like the game has become all about sales every few days .
Likewise I accept a lot of the problems are carried over from quick fix solutions implemented by previous owners. Like you say many of the games current issues may have been inevitable and the current one merely a freak mishap.

Over the past few months a whole month has not gone by without some significant hitch in the game with almost the whole of the last month being wasted in playing time for most players. What I personally and I strongly suspect most of my fellow players wish to know is Can the game be realistically fixed to its former glory . Or has it after over a decade of fun times finally reached its limit ?

• Activate Facebook

Chatsel

Corporal

• "Chatsel" is male

Date of registration: Nov 9th 2016

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 6:09pm

I haved played is grame from the start.
10+ years ago.

I have seen servers die out or merged - and with every new server going up the price will rise with it.
I was looking at a sale on older servers and compared them with dowding. ( I was shocked )
Black-out was in the sale, something what I would like to see on dowding aswell.
And the prices were WAYYYYY out of hand.
On sale on older server you get 6x 48truce for 100dimes - dowding you will get 3 for sale price....... thats just unfair.

Second of all, ones there is a sale going.... and people buy from them.
3days later a new sale pops up with even lower prices for the SAME sale items..... so we feel ripped off again !
Yet again, time for change !

We want all servers to have same price of items and sales.
And we want "free" players to be able to truce at night again.
As on dowding you get 8 free dimes a day, and 8H truce is 10dimes. ( thats just wrong )
I would like the good old days back again ( and hopefully you will start to listen to your customers )
WE are the ones keeping you alive :thumbup:

With us happy, you will be happy !

Greats,
Chatsel
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Major

• "Vilya" is female
  • "Vilya" has been banned

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2016

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 6:11pm

That is a fair question, I sincerely hope we can do better than its previous glory. It will take work, which I am fully prepared to put into it. It does take noting that some of the issues which I have seen complaints of are due to the development team not fixing the bug or problem. This is not something we can do ourselves and it is required for the developers input.

That is something we cannot define in a set timeframe as we do not know when they plan to fix said issue..only that we have told them of it.

The migration fiasco and this current power outage issue are two other horror stories. The migration was a conglomeration of issues all congealed into one huge ball is disaster. It was completely unavoidable since we had to move to new server sets due to them being old and outdated. It would have happened now or later when the servers failed and we had no choice but to move.

This issue, this is 100% Mother Nature in all her glory. She wants what she wants, apparently this time was to wipe out most of our portfolio of games being able to login today.

I do understand about the sales, but we sincerely do those to hopefully give a discount to things you guys might want or need. It is not to bleed you dry, but to assist you in sales on popular items. I'm sorry if you see it otherwise.

Vilya
Retired Community Manager EN
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 1:41am

I rest my case

Ok so the latest problem has been fixed and what happens we all get a voucher that is only any good if we spend money on the game within 24 hours.
I can not be the only player on this game that finds this a sickening and blatant attempt to get more money out of us for a decidedly sub-standard service. It is about time more players spoke out against this behaviour.

• Activate Facebook

DrWho

Private

• "DrWho" is male

Date of registration: May 1st 2017

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 3:18am

Very well said im asking all on my server to send tickets and also to come here to post about all this trouble from the game. And to get a voucher that you have to spend money on is like a slap in the face....... like hell if I will spend a dime on this game you must be slap crazy.

• Activate Facebook

Chatsel

Corporal

• "Chatsel" is male

Date of registration: Nov 9th 2016

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 5:32pm

Totally agree with you gentleman :)

They need to start listening to us. :!:

• Activate Facebook